|Course Date||Location||Course fee:||Click to Register||(Group)|
|Start Date: 28/11/2022 End Date: 02/12/2022||Nairobi Kenya||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 13/02/2023 End Date: 17/02/2023||Nairobi Kenya||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
Gender equality and empowerment is a key component is achieving sustainable development. Gender mainstreaming is an international approach to achieve gender equality in all aspects of the society. Therefore, this course aims at ensuring that gender issues are systematically integrated at each stage of the project cycle by formulating and implementing programmes.
Participants who successfully complete the course will receive Certificate of Participation.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
· Explore the intrinsic relationship between gender and development
· Critically assimilate gender into contextual analysis, and to use gender analysis frameworks effectively
· Clearly understand the integration of gender into strategic and operational planning
· Assess methods of creating gender awareness within development practice
This course will take approximately 5 days
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course targets gender advisors, government institutions and development practitioners interested in developing policies towards gender inclusion, gender equality and gender empowerment in their projects.
Module 1: Basic concepts on gender mainstreaming
· Current development context. Gender Equality in the SDGs and 2030 agenda
· Global commitments to Gender mainstreaming
· Rationales for gender mainstreaming
· What is gender mainstreaming?
· Multiple strategies for applying gender mainstreaming. Why no one size fits all solution is possible?
· Added value of gender mainstreaming
Module 2: Gender integration framework and Sensitization
· Gender analysis
· Engaging men and boys
· Overcoming resistance
· Applying gender mainstreaming (individual work)
Module 3: Gender mainstreaming
· Tools for gender mainstreaming and analysis
· Applying gender mainstreaming (small group work)
· Gender analysis and gender planning tools
· The impact of gender inequality on economic growth and sustainable development;
Module 4: Communication in gender
· Sexual-based barriers to communication;
· Body language
· How to create the right image
· Dealing with media; and communication secrets of great leaders.
Module 5: Gender Mainstreaming in Institutions
· Gender mainstreaming in key organizational components. Opportunities and challenges
· (Organizational culture; Human resources; Staff accountability and incentives for gender mainstreaming; financial resources and budget)
· Nontraditional institutions
Module 6: Gender Mainstreaming in Public Policies
· Gender Analysis
· Design, implementation and evaluation of public policies
· Gender responsive budgeting
· Gender responsive policy - making and budgeting
· The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
· The participants should be reasonably proficient in English as all facilitation and course materials will be offered in English.
· Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate.
· The training will be held at Kincaid Training Centre. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments and lunch.
· All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation and airport pickup are arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training coordinator at Email: email@example.com or Tel: +254 724592901
· This training can also be customized to suit the needs of your institution upon request. You can have it delivered in our Kincaid Training Centre or at a convenient location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 724592901 or send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Payments are due upon registration. Payment should be sent to our Bank account before commencement of training and proof of payment sent to email@example.com