|Course Date||Location||Course fee:||Click to Register||(Group)|
|Start Date: 31/10/2022 End Date: 04/11/2022||Nairobi Kenya||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 26/12/2022 End Date: 30/12/2022||Nairobi Kenya||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 13/02/2023 End Date: 17/02/2023||Nairobi Kenya||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
GIS is a computer system that assembles, stores, manipulates and displays geographically referenced information, i.e. data identified according to their locations. The incorporation of GIS in monitoring and Evaluation improves the effectiveness and communications of results to management, funding partners, and beneficiaries by making it possible to link, or integrate information that is difficult to associate through any other means.
This training will therefore present a practical guide for using a geographic information system (GIS) integrated with Monitoring and Evaluation. By using the GIS to link data from multiple programs the trainees will understand the individual programs better as well as understand the relationships between the programs.
Participants who successfully complete the course will receive a Certificate of Participation.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
· Properly understand key concepts in M&E and GIS
· Evaluate about the working of M&E information management systems
· Collect data using mobile phones and GPS
· Integrate exiting M&E data with GIS
· Critically analyze and visualize M&E data with the aid of GIS techniques
· Assimilate GIS into M&E activities
This course will take approximately 5 days
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course is intended for government representatives, project teams, NGOs, multi and bilateral development organizations, consultancies, etc., who work as M&E specialists, project managers, researchers and technical specialists.
TOPIC 1: An Overview of GIS and Monitoring and Evaluation
· Introducing M&E
· M&E Key components
· Basic Concepts of GIS
· GIS Software; the General Overview
· Open Source GIS Software
TOPIC 2: New technologies being adopted in project M&E
· Mobile phones in M&E
· GPS devices and M&E
· Participatory videos for M&E
· Supporting bottom-up learning
· Using ICT to make real-time M&E
· Examples of M&E systems incorporating GIS
TOPIC 3: The GIS Interface
· The QGIS Interface
· Adding Vector Data
· Exploring the Map View
· Exploring Features
· Adding Raster Data
· Saving Your Project
TOPIC 4: Geographic Analysis of M&E data
· Creating New Project from Existing One
· Geoprocessing Shapefiles
· Joining and Mapping Attribute Data
· Plotting Coordinate Data
· Running Statistics and Querying Attributes
· Drawing Buffers and Making Selections
· Screen Captures
TOPIC 5: Thematic Mapping of M&E data
· Transforming Map Projections
· More Geoprocessing
· Creating Calculated Fields
· Classifying and Symbolizing Data
· Designing Maps
· Adding Labels
· The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
· The participants should be reasonably proficient in English as all facilitation and course materials will be offered in English.
· Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate.
· The training will be held at Kincaid Training Centre. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments and lunch.
· All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation and airport pickup are arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training coordinator at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +254 724592901
· This training can also be customized to suit the needs of your institution upon request. You can have it delivered in our Kincaid Training Centre or at a convenient location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 724592901 or send mail to email@example.com
Payments are due upon registration. Payment should be sent to our Bank account before commencement of training and proof of payment sent to firstname.lastname@example.org