|Course Date||Location||Course fee:||Click to Register||(Group)|
|Start Date: 13/02/2023 End Date: 17/02/2023||Nairobi Kenya||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 31/10/2022 End Date: 04/11/2022||Nairobi Kenya||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 26/12/2022 End Date: 30/12/2022||Nairobi Kenya||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
If data is not well managed it can be overwhelming, therefore, giving a spatial dimension to it and performing spatial analysis in a GIS environment speeds interpretation and visualization which eventually speeds up implementation of programs.
GIS and remote sensing integrated as a decision-making tool in organizations makes them gain competitive advantage as it helps present information in ways that are useful. GIS is applicable in all fields such as agriculture, business, forestry, crime, mining, health, etc. as everything that happens in this world has a spatial dimension.
This course will help the participants understand how well they can apply GIS and Remote Sensing in their day to day activities of their organization. The course will be hands-on exercises in Quantum GIS (QGIS).
Participants who successfully complete the course will receive a Certificate of Participation.
By the end of the course, the participant should be able to:
· Define and differentiate between variety of spatial data models and formats.
· Understand the principles and concepts of GIS and remote sensing
· Explain and apply the basics of representation in GIS, including using vector and raster data formats, determining appropriate geographic coordinate system for a given spatial data file and applying the appropriate geographic projection to a map type and spatial scale
· Manipulate geospatial datasets (e.g. cleaning, joining, querying, extracting)
· Mastering the output and dissemination of results of a GIS project
· Apply appropriate thematic map symbology to represent geographic phenomena
· Produce static map products that integrate multiple data types and analytical methods
· Obtain geospatial data from a variety of online sources and integrate into mapping processes
· Integrate desktop GIS procedures with web-based mapping platforms
This is a 10 Days course
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course targets GIS Database Designers, GIS Managers, Data Editors, GIS Analysts, map Designers, GIS Technical leads, GIS Desktop Application Developers in all fields.
Introduction, cartography and GIS, and creating maps in QGIS
· Gain a basic conceptual understanding of cartography, GIS, and mapping
· Gain familiarity with geographic data and information, and how it's encoded within computer files
· Gain a basic familiarity with the QGIS interface
· Gain awareness of spatial reference and projection issues
· Practice opening a variety of geographic data with QGIS and viewing their attributes within QGIS
· Perform basic map styling
· Create and export a basic map as a static image file
Thematic data mapping, Geocoding and point in polygon analysis
· Load shape files and CSV data into QGIS
· Data transformation
· Create classed choropleth map
· Adjust the legend to help the map tell a clearer story
· Load tabular CSV data into QGIS and performing a tabular join
· Obtaining and working with US Census data
· Understand and perform geocoding of tabular data
· Learn about some of the geocoding tools available online
· Understand and perform a point in polygon analysis
Heat maps, creating and editing vector Geometries
· Map point data
· Create a 'heat map' representation of the data
· Digitizing data
· Digitizing data with Open Street Map in QGIS
· Introduction to Open Street Map
· Importing OpenStreetMap data
· Importing OpenStreetMap data: Spatial Lite Database
· Data filtering and extraction
· Exporting layers to a local CRS
· Introduction to Geoprocessing
· Geoprocessing with a buffer analysis
· Extracting and preparing thematic OSM data
· Filtering OSM data to create desired features
· Managing CRSs in a Geoprocessing Workflow
· Extracting attribute types of interest
· Creating a buffer around a Polyline feature
· Clipping features within a buffer
· Geoprocessing functions
· Using the Graphical Processing Modeler to automate workflows
Intergrating QGIS with CartoDB, advanced mapping techniques with QGIS and CartoDB
· Creating a CartoDB account and exploring the documentation and interface
· Loading data into CartoDB
· Using the QGIS CartoDB plugin
· Pulling data down into QGIS for processing
· Pushing data backup to CartoDB
· Making a thematic map in CartoDB
· Using SQL in CartoDB
· Data symbolization and analysis in CartoDB
· Creating an unclassed proportional symbol map in CartoDB
· Creating shareable and interactive web maps with QGIS
· The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
· The participants should be reasonably proficient in English as all facilitation and course materials will be offered in English.
· Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate.
· The training will be held at Kincaid Training Centre. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments and lunch.
· All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation and airport pickup are arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training coordinator at Email: email@example.com or Tel: +254 724592901
· This training can also be customized to suit the needs of your institution upon request. You can have it delivered in our Kincaid Training Centre or at a convenient location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 724592901 or send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Payments are due upon registration. Payment should be sent to our Bank account before commencement of training and proof of payment sent to email@example.com