|Course Date||Location||Course fee:||Click to Register||(Group)|
|Start Date: 13/02/2023 End Date: 24/02/2023||Nairobi Kenya||$ 2,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
Effective decision making is made possible due to the availability of data collected from different surveys conducted in all phases of life like Socio-Economic, Demographic, Health, Nutrition, Food Security, opinion polls among others. It is necessary that these efforts go beyond merely generating new insights from data but also to systematically enhance individual human judgment in real development contexts
This training will help organizations as well as individuals manage the process of converting the potential of data science to real development outcomes better by empowering the participants with the necessary skills to produce accurate and cost-effective data and reports that are useful and friendly for decision making. It will be conducted using ODK, GIS, NVIVO and SPSS.
Participants who successfully complete the course will receive Certificate of Participation.
By the end of this training, the participants will be able to;
· Comprehend and appropriately use statistical terms and concepts
· Design and Implement universally acceptable Surveys
· Convert data into various formats using appropriate software
· Use mobile data gathering tools such as Open Data Kit (ODK)
· Use GIS software to plot and display data on basic maps
· Conduct Qualitative data analysis using NVIVO
· Perform simple to complex data management tasks using SPSS
· Correctly identify appropriate statistical test for basic analysis and perform them using SPSS
· Write reports from survey data
· Put strategies to improve data demand and use in decision making
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course target participants with elementary knowledge of Statistics who already have some statistical knowledge, but wish to be conversant with the concepts and applications of statistical modeling.
Module1: Basic statistical terms and concepts
Module 2: Research Design
Module 3: Survey Planning, Implementation and Completion
Module 4: Introduction to Mobile Data gathering
Module 5: Design forms using a web interface using ODK Build, Koboforms, PurcForms
Module 6: Preparing the mobile phone for data collection
Module 7: Designing forms manually: Using XLS Forms
Module 8: Advanced survey Authoring
Module 9: Hosting survey data using ODK Aggregate, Formhub, KoboToolbox and Uploading forms to the server
Module 10: Hosting Survey Data Configuring ODK Aggregate on a local server
Module 11: GIS mapping of survey data using QGIS
Module 12: Understanding Qualitative Research
Module 13: Preliminaries of Qualitative data Analysis
Module 14: Introduction to NVIVO
Module 15: Creating NVIVO Projects
Module 16: Nodes in NVIVO
Module 17: Classes and summaries
Module 18: Analytic, Descriptive, Thematic and Tree Coding
Module 19: Thematic Analytics in NVIVO
Module 20: Queries for textual analysis and exploring coding using NVIVO
Module 21: Building on the Content Analysis; Descriptive, interpretative Analysis, Narrative Analysis, Discourse Analysis and Grounded Theory
Module 22: Qualitative Analysis Results Interpretation
Module 23: Visualizing NVIVO project
Module 24: Triangulating results and Sources
Module 25: Report Writing
Module 26: Introduction to SPSS
Module 27: Overview of SPSS
Module 28: Entering Data
Module 29: Graphing Data using Frequency Distributions, Histogram, Stem-and-Leaf Plot, Boxplots, bar and line graphs etc.
Module 30: Descriptive Statistics: Measures of Variability and Central Tendency
Module 31: Correlation
Module 32: Regression and Multiple Regression
Module 33: Comparing Means Using One-Way, factorial, and repeated measures ANOVA
Module 34: Chi-Square
Module 35: Nonparametric Statistics i.e. Mann-Whitney Test, Wilcoxon’s Matched Pairs Signed-Ranks Test, Kruskal-Wallis One-Way ANOVA, Friedman’s Rank Test for k Related Samples
Module 39: Report writing for surveys, data dissemination, demand and use
· The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
· The participants should be reasonably proficient in English as all facilitation and course materials will be offered in English.
· Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate.
· The training will be held at Kincaid Training Centre. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments and lunch.
· All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation and airport pickup are arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training coordinator at Email: email@example.com or Tel: +254 724592901
· This training can also be customized to suit the needs of your institution upon request. You can have it delivered in our Kincaid Training Centre or at a convenient location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 724592901 or send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Payments are due upon registration. Payment should be sent to our Bank account before commencement of training and proof of payment sent to email@example.com