|Course Date||Location||Course fee:||Click to Register||(Group)|
This course teaches participants on how to best manage organisation’s communication effectively. Resources allocated to communication often focus on the implementation phase and more specifically on the production of tools such as flyers, a new Website or a video. The planning and evaluation phases of strategic communications, as well as the proper dissemination and promotion of tools are too often neglected. The different communication activities carried out by the organisation may lack relevance and results are not what they could be. Taking a more strategic approach, dedicating more thinking to the overall communication of the organisation and its activities, and evaluating more properly the actions undertaken, will optimise the available resources and lead to better results. To best deliver the objectives, this course features presentations, experiential learning and sharing experiences, readings, facilitated discussions, individual and group activities.
The course can be offered as in-person or online. In online training, the trainer maintains the same level of interaction as in an in-person course. Personalized post-course support is available for a period of six months after the course
Participants who successfully complete the course will receive Certificate of Participation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is intended for practitioners with different profiles who want to strengthen their capacity in strategic communications, especially:
· Practitioners already working in communication for a non-profit organisation such as an NGO, an association, a foundation or an UN agency who are specialised in one area of communications, such as media relations or reporting and would like to have a more holistic approach to communication
· Persons who are planning to take more responsibilities in communication
· Practitioners with limited experience who want to strengthen their overall skills in communication management
· Practitioners who have learned by doing without any specific training in communication;
· Persons working in the non-profit sector but not in communication such as project or programme staff who want to work in communication;
· Heads of non-profit organisations, offices and departments with decision-making power in communication who want a better understanding of critical communication challenges and solutions;
· Practitioners working in communication for the private or public sector who want to move into the non-profit sector and understand the differences between the sectors.
After this course, participants will be able to
· More efficiently manage their time.
· Identify strengths, weaknesses and areas of improvement of an organisation’s overall communication’s strategy
· Undertake an internal audit of their organisation’s communication
· Develop a communication strategy and plan of action
· Assess and review communication tools, target audiences and messages; make recommendations and propose measures for improvement
· Take concrete measures to close the gaps in the current communication strategy or its implementation, in accordance with priorities and resources
· Reach out effectively and get messages across to different target audiences using the most relevant tools and messages
· Build the overall capacity for managing the communication of an organisation; continued learning.
Module 1: Getting started – Analysing the overall communication paradigm and its challenges
Module 2: Planning for success – Developing a sound strategy and framework of action for impactful communication activities
Module 3: Bringing sound communication alive – How to use the most relevant tools and messages for maximal outreach to identified target audiences
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 724592901 or send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org