|Course Date||Location||Course fee:||Click to Register||(Group)|
|Start Date: 05/12/2022 End Date: 09/12/2022||Nairobi, Kenya||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
This training course helps participants on how to formulate, deliver, and follow up a training session. Training adults requires specific competencies. This course seeks to equip the participants with the confidence to train others. It provides the knowledge and skills to effectively prepare and train other people using a participatory approach that builds upon the participants' knowledge and skills and helps you learning by doing. This course details the particulars of online and in-person training and the required skills.
This course is an introductory course on training of trainers. After this training, a follow up advanced training course "Advanced Course on Training of Trainers" will be offered. Training Engineering focuses on developing and evaluating results-based training programmes.
The course can be offered as in-person or online. In online training, the trainer maintains the same level of interaction as in an in-person course. Personalized post-course support is available for a period of six months after the course
Participants who successfully complete the course will receive Certificate of Participation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course will benefit in particular:
· Heads of training units
· Human resources managers and other managers involved in training
At the end of the course, participants would be able to:
· Explain the basics of adult learning and make use of it for their own trainings
· Design a training session based on the participants’ needs and develop the training session’s plan with its learning objectives and content, training techniques and tools, and means of its evaluation
· Deliver culturally appropriate participatory courses confidently in person or by remote channels
· Analyse and evaluate the training session proceedings and use the results to improve future sessions
· Use effective communications skills and strategies to manage sessions and deal with different personalities with a positive approach.
Module 1: Concepts of adult learning
· The role of capacity development in empowering individuals, organisations and societies
· Adult learning: cycle and principles
Module 2: Practicing the concepts
· Old learning versus participatory learning
· Roles, characteristics, knowledge, attitudes and skills of effective trainers
· Effective learning environment
· Tips and skills for remote/online and in-person training
Module 3: Planning and designing a training session
· Profiles and needs of participants
· Learning objectives and content for training sessions
· Course methods, techniques and tools
· Session evaluation system
· Writing up of a training session plan
Module 4: Delivering a training session
· Communication skills: delivering messages, formulating questions, listening and responding, providing feedback, keeping people’s attention
· Session management skills including dealing with difficult situations and people
· Facilitating discussions
· Conducting end of session and course evaluations
Module 5: Practicing the role of a trainer
· Preparing and delivering a test training session
· Constructive performance feedback, good practices and lessons learned.
· The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
· The participants should be reasonably proficient in English as all facilitation and course materials will be offered in English.
· Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate.
· The training will be held at Kincaid Training Centre. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments and lunch.
· All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation and airport pickup are arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training coordinator at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +254 724592901
· This training can also be customized to suit the needs of your institution upon request. You can have it delivered in our Kincaid Training Centre or at a convenient location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 724592901 or send mail to email@example.com